Seth Rudetsky's Head Vs. Chest 101...

I'm not entirely sure I agree with his assessment here, because though Andrea McArdle is using her chest voice, she does mix some head voice in on the higher register. If she didn't it would come out really thick and forced as when you TRULY use your chest voice your vocal chords stay thickened and closer together. Pure head tone the cricothyroid muscle comes in to play, stretching the vocal chords, thinning them and separating them. That is how she gets that resonate tone at the top of the song! Either way, it gets the idea across.




0 comments:

Post a Comment


About this blog

Once upon a time I accompanied all the time. Going to everyone's voice lessons, learning everyone's music, sitting through monstrous pit rehearsals, tech weeks, musical rehearsals and auditions left me with many ideas and opinions. I am not sure if they are of any help to anyone, but here they are!